Introduction to websites
A home service website is a place on the Internet where you can display your business using text, images, audio or video. A website can be a single page of text or it can be an integrated combination of pages that display information in a visually compelling manner. A local service website is the modern equivalent of a company brochure, sales letter, business card and many other things rolled into one.
Reasons why you need a website
There are many reasons why you need a website for your home service business.
- Professional appearance – A website gives you a professional appearance if done well. No matter the size of the company, all websites will have a similar set of components.
- 24/7/365 presence – A website is available even when your business is closed. Visitors can find out information about your business when no one is available to answer the phone.
- Shown in search engines – A website can be shown in search engines like Google. Google does show other information like videos on YouTube but the majority of the results of a search are websites.
- Contact and about info – A website can display the typical information people are looking for like your contact info. A website can also display general information about your business.
- Explain services and products – A website can display your services and products. Many people want to do some research before making a purchase and that common information can be displayed in multiple content formats on your website.
- Show pricing – As part of research, people are looking for pricing information. A website can answer this basic information.
- Show past work – Some businesses that provide services where something is physically created can show their past work on a website. A website can show images or videos to help show a potential customer the results of hiring your business.
- Display testimonials – Potential customers want to learn about other customers experience with your business. Testimonials can be written or shown in a video on your website.
- Get leads – A website can have mechanisms to direct visitors to learn more about your products and services by leaving their contact information.
- Make sales – A website can have mechanisms to directly sell your products or services and take payment information in a secure way.
- Analytics – A website can track a number of different data metrics that help you learn about who is visiting your website and what they are interacting with.
Summary on websites
Websites are a great digital marketing method to communicate many things about your home service business. A website is completely under your control to display your business in the best way possible. There are a number of reasons why you want a website. A key is that a local service website is a digital storefront for your business which is always available to your potential and current customers.
Need website hosting?
WP Engine is a great WordPress-managed website hosting company for the following reasons:
- WP Engine take care of all the installation and upgrading of WordPress.
- WP Engine automatically backup WordPress daily.
- WP Engine provide security and performance optimization for your website.